I love pumpkin pie spiced anything, but with one exception: I hate pumpkin pie. I think it's the texture. Anyway, I found a nice, cheap jar of pumpkin pie spice at Trader Joe's and have been putting it in everything. I used it to flavor apple jelly, sprinkled it on cereal, and put it in my coffee. This morning, I had the thought to make pumpkin pie spiced syrup. It turned out delicious. I used it to sweeten 2 cups of coffee today and have my mind set on pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning! I will let you know how they turn out. For now, here's a recipe for the syrup.
2-3 medium-sized pillars of piloncillo sugar
2 cups brown sugar
1 Cup water
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
A clean bottle
1. Sanitize the bottle in the dishwasher. If you don't have a dishwasher, wash the bottle with hot, soapy water and sanitize in a pot of boiling water.
2. Place the water and sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir frequently.
3. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, check the syrup's consistency. It should be thickening by now.
4. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice and remove from heat.
5. Use a funnel to carefully fill your bottle. Enjoy!
This makes a great gift! It's easy and cheap!