This is a great recipes if you're in a rush, but still need a good meal. It's also perfect if you're just feeling lazy (i.e. me, most of the time). My favorite part of this recipe is the fact that it includes two super foods (kale & fish) with minimal effort involved.
If you don't like spicy food, just switch out spicy sardines for ones packed in water.
2 packages fresh pasta noodles
1 jar marinara sauce
1 tin sardines in Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 bunch kale
Parmesan, to taste
1. Follow the directions on the package for cooking the pasta.
2. While your water is heating, trim off the tough ends on the kale stems and discard. Cut the kale into slices and set aside.
3. In a separate sauce pan, heat the marinara sauce over medium. Add the sardines. Try not to add too much of the hot sauce unless you like your food very spicy.
4. Toss the kale in with the noodles right before taking them off the stove to drain. This will cook the leafy greens just enough. Drain both the noodles and kale in a colander.
5. Lastly, you can serve the sauce over top of the pasta, or toss the noodles in the sauce (I prefer this method).
6. Serve topped with a little Parmesan and black pepper.