All you need to know is that this recipe is quick, easy, and delicious!
2 strips uncured bacon
1 large sweet potato, washed and cubed
1 small bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped shallot (or onion)
A handful or 2 of spinach
2 tsp balsamic
2 tsp sweet hot mustard
½ tsp caraway seeds
Dash of cayenne
1. Over medium heat, fry up the bacon. When it's cooked thoroughly, remove from pan and let cool.
2. Toss the shallot (or onion) into the pan and stir to coat in grease. Cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato, stir, and cover. Let cook for 5-7 minutes
4. While the sweet potato is browning, chop up the bacon into little bits.
5. Add the bacon, bell pepper, and caraway seeds to the pan. Stir and let cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Now it's time to stir in the mustard, balsamic, and remaining spices. You can also throw in the spinach.
7. Reduce heat and cover. Let the spinach wilt a little.
8. Serve with a little extra mustard and ketchup, of course.