½ cup corn flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp sage
4 oz. soft goat cheese
½ to 1 cup ice water
⅓ cup olive oil
Preheat your oven to 350ºF
1. Combine corn flour, salt and sage in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add goat cheese. Use a fork to break it up.
3. The next part is easier with your hands: as you mix in the goat cheese, sprinkle a couple teaspoons of ice water on the mix.
4. Now, drizzle some olive oil on everything. Alternate between ice water and oil till the dough stops falling apart when you try to press it flat.
5. Roll the dough into a ball and place to one side of a large piece of wax paper. Fold the other half of the wax paper over the ball of dough and gently press to flatten a bit.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a little more than a ¼ inch thick. (Your dough will have a few cracks around the edges, but if it cracks a lot or falls apart, put it back in the bowl and mix in a little more water or oil.)
7. Use a cookie cutter to cut your crackers. Line them neatly on a cookie sheet and use a fork to make divots in the centers.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the edges turn a nice golden brown.