You know what drives me nuts? When magazines and websites are like "Are you on a budget? We've got gift ideas under $100!" Excuse me, but what kind of "budget" are you guys working with? Like, maybe, I'll spend more on my mom than anyone else, but there is no way everyone in my life is getting a $95 clutch for Christmas. Lets be real, my budget is more like $20. $25 tops.
I'm lucky to have a lot of amazing people in my life that I want to buy presents for (all the time), but I've got to be realistic. Sometimes it takes a little more creativity, but you really can find nice things for less than $25. Here are a few of my picks. Cool fact: they are all either made here in Seattle or are sold by local companies!
1. Grey Pom Beanie from Zumiez $19.95. Who doesn't love a new hat? How cute would it be to buy the whole family matching hats and then force everyone to take a holiday photo together? Holiday sap at its finest.
2. Big Dipper Wax Works Candle. These candles are made from pure beeswax and are poured just miles from my house. My favorite scent is "Enlightenment" and is a combination of peppermint & bergamot oils. It's a light, happy scent. The pillars range from $13 to $33, or, at just $3.75, a votive would make a nice stocking stuffer.
3. Brush Stripe Tea Towel by Such Sweet Tierney $18. These 100% cotton tea towels are hand-printed here in Seattle. They would make the perfect hostess gift, or use it to wrap up the Holiday baked goods you bring to your favorite neighbors!
4. Theo Chocolate Holiday Bars $4. The local drug store here sometimes has these on sale for $1.99, so I stock up. Even at $4, these are an affordable and delicious way to let someone know you appreciate them.
5. Moon Phases Calendar from Moorea Seal $22. This calendar is kinda metal; kinda hippy. Perfect for all the cool people in your life. It's from one of Seattle's coolest new stores, Moorea Seal. It's like all my favorite Pinterest boards in one store.
Speaking of which, Moorea Seal has a Pin-to-Win going on. Create a wishlist pinboard and you could win a $250 to spend on awesome stuff!